Superkids Pediatrics is excited to announce many exciting new changes coming in the next couple months. They are listed below (in no particular order):
- Major changes to office policies, including new financial/billing policies, and new late/cancellation policies that apply to patients as well as doctors and staff.
- Starting September 1, 2015, Dr. Susan Choo is joining our team, and is ready to see new patients! Any of Dr. Lee’s patients who need to see a female provider are also welcome to schedule an appointment with her. More info on Dr. Choo will be posted soon, but she is a longtime friend and colleague of Dr. Lee (they trained together during residency).
- We will be converting to a new state-of-the-art electronic medical records system in October 2015. One of the best features is a patient portal that includes:
- Secure, HIPAA-compliant messaging directly with the doctors.
- Online scheduling.
- After-visit instructions immediately available after your appointment.
- Access to medical records, growth charts, and immunization history.
- We are also working on making it possible to send secure, HIPAA-compliant text messages (and photos) to the doctors. We expect to have this ready to go in October 2015 as well.
- Due to the changes in our billing policies, we are working on a reader-friendly FAQ section to help families submit their future medical claims/superbills/receipts to insurance for quick and easy reimbursement. We are also putting together an FAQ on what questions to ask your insurance plan when you are inquiring about coverage and out-of-network benefits. Stay tuned!